2017 GOYA Spring Retreat
The 2017 GOYA Spring Retreat will be Friday, March 31st - Sunday, April 2nd. Our keynote speaker will be Fr. Alexandros Petrides of St. Nicholas Cathedral, Bethlehem. Fr. Alexey is also the co-chair of the Metropolis Youth Commission. His theme will be: "What Matters? Exploring Our Relationship with God's Creation." Use the links below to register for another exciting and uplifiting camp experience! The Registration fee is $165.00. Welcome home, everyone!
(New!) College Student/ Young Adult Retreat
The American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese and the Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh invite College Students and Young Adults ages 18-35 to participate in an new exciting new retreat program! This Retreat will be held at Camp Nazareth Retreat and Conference Center in Mercer, PA from March 17-19, 2017 and will feature keynote addresses by Very Rev. Dr. Edward Pehanich and Mr. Nick Lionas. The weekend event will be filled with learning, fun, fellowship, worship, and time for reflection and rejuvenation! The registration fee is $95.00 (though scholarships are available). Our theme will be, "Navigating Life Using Your Spiritual Compass." Welcome home, everyone!
Summer Camp 2017 - Registration has begun!
The registration fee for a session of Summer Camp is $550.00. Applications for Direct Metropolis Scholarships (made possible through Leadership 100) are available here.
Whatever grade a camper is in the day of February 6, 2017 is the grade they will register for.
For the best camping experience for your children’s minds, hearts, souls, and bodies, our sessions will be:
Staff Application (All Sessions)
Waitlist (All Sessions)
CamperCards (All Sessions)
2016 GOYA Fall Retreat
The 2016 GOYA Fall Retreat was Friday, November 18th - Sunday, November 20th at Camp Nazareth.
We had a wonderful Christ-centered experience!
To see photos from our great weekend, please click here.
Summer Camp 2016
Check out all the photos from our great Summer by clicking here.
JOY Session 1: Sunday, June 19th - Saturday, June 25th
JOY Session 2: Sunday, June 26th - Saturday, July 2nd
GOYA Session 3: Sunday, July 3rd - Saturday, July 9th
GOYA Session 4: Sunday, July 10th - Saturday, July 16th
Summer Camp Ministry
Each summer, our Metropolis sponsors 4 one-week camping sessions, which facilitate spiritual growth in an environment of prayer, fellowship, and fun.
During the course of the week, the children are engaged in:
- Twice daily services
- "Quiet Time" - an opportunity to follow prayer with peaceful communication with God
- A daily educational session on the theme of the day
- "Clinics" - an activity the children have the opportunity to develop greater skill and understanding of (like basketball, dancing, making prayer ropes, etc.). They participate in the same clinic throughout the week.
- Daily recreational activities (volleyball, hiking, etc.).
- Swimming time - Full-camp evening activities (campfires, skit performances, dances, etc.)
- Opportunities to discuss the theme with their peers
- Participation in the sacramental life of the Church. During the week the children will have the opportunity to receive the sacraments of Holy Unction, Holy Confession, and Holy Communion, as well as other occasional services of the Church (Blessing of the waters, Blessing of the loaves, etc.).
- Interactions with clergy, parents, and young adults who facilitate the program and who demonstrate their living, dynamic faith with the children in the conduct of their lives at camp.
Set up a Recurring Donation to the Metropolis & Its Ministries
Donate One Time: