For Campers & Families
New and Updated Summer Camp Info
For any and all information regarding Summer Camp and/or Retreats, please visit our new website at: y2am.pittsburgh.goarch.org
2018 Summer Camp Forms and Info
Camper Forms for Summer Camp 2018 are listed below. Please remember to bring your completed and signed forms with you to the first day of Summer Camp!
Please Note: Beginning in June, there will be a fee charged to cancelled registrations.
Summer Camp Office Line: 724-662-6025 (Voicemail) | 724-662-6026 (Fax - please call to confirm receipt)
Camp Address: Camp Nazareth, 339 Pew Road, Mercer, PA, 16137
2018 Summer Camp Registration
Thank you for your interest in the Metropolis of Pittsburgh Summer Camp!
Registration for the 2018 Metropolis Summer Camp has closed. If you are interested in regsitering for camp, please contact the CMC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Session 1/Elementary Week, 2nd-4th Grades: Sunday, June 17th - Saturday, June 23rd
- Session 2/Middle School Week, 5th-7th* Grades: Sunday, June 24th - Saturday, June 30th
- Session 3/Junior High Week, 7th*-9th Grades: Sunday, July 1st - Saturday, July 7th
- Session 4/High School Week, 10th-12th Grades: Sunday, July 8th - Saturday, July 14th
Please Note: Campers attend the session of the grade that they were in for the 2017-2018 School Year. 7th Graders have the option of attending either Session 2 or 3.
Summer Camp Ministry
Summer Camp Ministry
Each summer, our Metropolis sponsors 4 one-week camping sessions, which facilitate spiritual growth in an environment of prayer, fellowship, and fun.
During the course of the week, the children are engaged in:
- Twice daily services
- "Quiet Time" - an opportunity to follow prayer with peaceful communication with God
- A daily educational session on the theme of the day
- "Clinics" - an activity the children have the opportunity to develop greater skill and understanding of (like basketball, dancing, making prayer ropes, etc.). They participate in the same clinic throughout the week.
- Daily recreational activities (volleyball, hiking, etc.).
- Swimming time - Full-camp evening activities (campfires, skit performances, dances, etc.)
- Opportunities to discuss the theme with their peers
- Participation in the sacramental life of the Church. During the week the children will have the opportunity to receive the sacraments of Holy Unction, Holy Confession, and Holy Communion, as well as other occasional services of the Church (Blessing of the waters, Blessing of the loaves, etc.).
- Interactions with clergy, parents, and young adults who facilitate the program and who demonstrate their living, dynamic faith with the children in the conduct of their lives at camp.
2018 Metropolis Scholarship Application
If you are in need of Financial Aid, and have already spoken with your parish about options, please fill out our Metropolis Scholarship Form here. Please make sure to speak with your parish first regarding scholarships.
Metropolis Scholarships are available thanks to the generosity of the Archbishop Iakovos Leadership 100 Endowment.