Department of Greek Education
The Department of Greek Education for the Metropolis of Pittsburgh, under the guidelines of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, provides programs that support all current Greek Schools and provides assistance and guidance to those that wish to start or reinstitute a Greek School program. Hellenic education encompasses language development, history, culture, literature, music, liturgical understanding, and knowledge of its contribution to other languages. The promotion and continuance of this Holy Language is of the utmost importance.
Objectives of the Department of Greek Education for the Metropolis of Pittsburgh
1. To provide seminars and workshops with prominent speakers for teacher development and viewing of materials
2. To provide testing centers for National and International Exams in Modern Greek
3. To provide a directory of Greek Schools
4. To provide an online Greek language course to supplement classes or offer instruction
5. To provide a camp for children to enhance their education
6. To provide resources for classroom assistance
7. To provide new programs to promote and facilitate the learning of the Greek language
Greek Education Survey
2019 Greek Language Festival
Key Program Portions:
A team can be comprised of students from multiple churches or schools. Each team creates its own name. A large traveling trophy cup will be placed at the winning team’s church or churches. Individual awards will also be given.
Registration deadline is October 12, 2019
Questions: Maria Stamoolis: firstname.lastname@example.org