The Metropolis Clergy-Laity
The 2017 Metroplis Clergy-Laity will be Sept. 28-30 in Columbus, OH.
The Metropolis Clergy-Laity Assembly concerns itself with matters affecting the life and growth of the Parishes and communities within the Metropolis (except for dogmatic and canonical issues). It deals with matters of common concern including the uniform governance of the Parishes, educational programs, financial programs, and philanthropic concerns as well as with the better organization and effectiveness of the Parishes. The Assembly also submits proposals and recommendations to the Archdiocese for submission to the next Archdiocesan Clergy-Laity Congress.
By tradition our Assembly meets annually in the Fall, and is comprised of the Metropolitan, members of the Metropolis Council, any members of the Archdiocesan Council who live in the Metropolis, and 4 representatives of each parish - the parish priest, parish council president, and two elected lay delegates. The 2-day session includes educational workshops, committee sessions, opportunities for networking and collaboration, and the plenary session. In even-numbered years the Assembly takes place in the Greater Pittsburgh area, and in odd-numbered years it travels to the other regions of the Metropolis.
2017 Metropolis of Pittsburgh Clergy-Laity Assembly
Annunciation G.O. Cathedral, Columbus, OH
Theme: Outreach & Evangelism
With Presentations By:
His Eminence Metropolitan SAVAS of Pittsburgh
Fr. Evan Armatas
Mr. Jamil Samara
Fr. Theodore Dorrence
Also featuring Break-Out Sessions on Subjects related to Outreach & Evangelism:
- Fr. Jim Kordaris & Mr. Stacey Stathulis on the resources available from the Archdiocesen Department and the Metropolis Coordinator
- Fr. Jerry Hall on leadership training through deep faith engagement (small group study)
- Fr. Alex Goussetis on the formation of mission parishes and the benefits to existing communities
- Fr. Demetrios Tsikouris on critical self-evaluation to help focus leaders on the mission
Also on the Agenda:
- 2018 Metropolis Budget & review of audited financial statements
- Election of Members for 2018-2020 Metropolis Council & representatives to the Archdiocesan Council
- Updates on Metropolis Ministries
- Update on the New Metropolis Center Project and collaborative work with the Carpatho-Russian Diocese at Camp Nazareth
Online Registration Now Open At: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=bq6isscab&oeidk=a07ed8k3fca92ae99a6
Location: Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral - 555 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43215
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Downtown—614-559-2000
- 501 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43215 (next to Annunciation)
- Rooms avail Wed, Thu. and Fri. nights at $129 + tax
- Make your reservation by August 28
- Group Name: Metropolis Clergy-Laity Assembly
Notes for Potential Attendees:
- Parish Delegates should plan on being present from 5:00pm Thursday (Opening Prayer and Keynote) through 1:00pm Saturday (Lunch and Closing).
- Registration will be open Thursday evening and Friday morning at the Church.
- All meetings will be at the church.
- Each parish & Philoptochos Chapter can send:
- To the Assembly: 4 voting delegates (Priest, Council President or another Council member in their stead, and 2 elected lay delegates) + unlimited non-voting observers
- To the Philoptochos Meetings: Chapter President (or her designee), 2 voting delegates, + unlimited non-voting observers
- Registration Cost for all participants (Assembly and Philoptochos, voting and observers alike): $230/person for 2 or 3 days, or $130/person for one day.
- Register online starting July 1—visit http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=bq6isscab&oeidk=a07ed8k3fca92ae99a6
- **Payment must accompany your registration.**