2019 Assembly Announcement
September 26-28 Metropolis Clergy-Laity, Philoptochos, & Youth Workers Assembly: Camp Hill, PA
The annual gathering of clergy and lay leaders from around the Metropolis will be hosted by the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Camp Hill, PA.
The Assembly will begin with the Keynote Dinner on Thu. Sep. 26, and will conclude with Lunch on Sat. Sep. 28. The clergy will have a full-day meeting beforehand, beginning in the morning on Thu. Sep. 26.
There will be three meeting tracks this year: one for the parish representatives, one for the Philoptochos delegates, and one for parish youth workers.
Among the topics to be discussed at the Clergy-Laity portion:
- 2020 Clergy-Laity Congress in Cleveland
- New Metropolis Center Progress and Updated Design
- 2018 Metropolis Audit
- 2020 Metropolis Budget
- Election of Lay Delegates to 2020-2022 Metropolis Council, and 2 Lay Delegates to the Archdiocesan Council for the same term
Each Community is entitled to a voting delegation including:
- For the Clergy-Laity: 1 priest, 1 parish council president (or another council member in their place), and 2 lay delegates elected by the parish assembly
- For the Philoptochos: 1 chapter president (or another board member in their place), and 2 chapter delegates
Non-voting observers are also welcome from each community. We encourage the second priests, pastoral assistants, and other youth workers to actively participate in the Youth Worker track, which will feature critical updates about Youth Safety and other pertinent topics.